- This topic is empty.
December 14, 2020 at 2:26 am #23971Efren BelangerGuest
by Lucy Treloar
- Language: english
- ISBN: 9781743533192 (1743533195)
- Genres: fiction, australia, historical, family, novels
- Format: paperback, 416 pages
- Awards: Miles Franklin Literary Award Nominee for (Shortlist) (2016), Australian Independent Booksellers Indie Book Award for Debut Fiction (2016), Australian Book Industry Award (ABIA) for Matt Richell Award for New Writer (2016), Dobbie Literary Award (2016), Walter Scott Prize Nominee for (Shortlist) (2016)
- Release date: August 1, 2015
- Publisher: Pan Macmillan Australia
- Author: Lucy Treloar
About The Book
1855. Failed entrepreneur Stanton Finch moves his family from Adelaide to the remote Coorong area of Southern Australia, in pursuit of his dream to become a farmer.
Housed in a driftwood cabin, they try to make the best of their situation. The children roam the beautiful landscape of Salt Creek; visitors are rare but warmly welcomed; a local Indigenous boy becomes almost part of the family. Yet there are daily hardships, and tensions with the Ngarrindjeri people they have displaced; disaster never seems far away.
With Mrs Finch struggling to cope, Hester, their perceptive eldest daughter, willingly takes on more responsibility. But as Hester’s sense of duty grows, so does a yearning to escape Salt Creek and make a new life of her own…
Lucy Treloar was born in Malaysia and educated in Melbourne, England, and Sweden. Awards for her writing include the 2014 Commonwealth Short Story Prize. Salt Creek is her first novel.
Online Salt Creek for Android on Dymocks. PDF book Salt Creek Lucy Treloar download. EPUB ebook Salt Creek by Lucy Treloar buy cheap PC on Booktopia.