- This topic is empty.
December 17, 2020 at 11:55 pm #24882Ryan FlynnGuest
What the Birds See
by Sonya Hartnett
- Release date: February 1, 2003
- ISBN: 9780763620929 (0763620920)
- Language: english
- Author: Sonya Hartnett
- Genres: fiction, australia, classics, school, novels, literature
- First published: October 19, 2000
- Publisher: Candlewick Press
- Awards: Orange Prize Nominee for Fiction Longlist (2003), Miles Franklin Literary Award Nominee (2000), The Age Book of the Year (2003), Commonwealth Writers’ Prize for Best Book in South East Asia and Pacific (2003)
- Format: hardcover, 208 pages
About The Book
Entwining a tale of missing children with the story of a lonely little boy, Sonya Hartnett captures the tenderness and dread of childhood in a work of exceptional storytelling.
The year is 1977, and Adrian is nine. He lives with his gran and his uncle Rory. His best friend is Clinton Tull. Adrian loves to draw, and he wants a dog. He’s afraid of quicksand, shopping centers, and self-combustion. But as closely as he watches his suburban world, there is much he cannot understand. He does not, for instance, know why three neighborhood children might set out to buy ice cream one summer’s day and never be seen again… .
In this suburb that is no longer safe and innocent, in a broken family of self-absorbed souls, Sonya Hartnett sets the story of a lone little boy — unwanted, unloved, and intensely curious — a story as achingly beautiful as it is shattering. As her quiet tale ominously unfolds, we are reminded of how fragile are the threads that hold us secure — and how brave, how precious, is the heart of each child who soldiers on.
MOBI What the Birds See Sonya Hartnett read online for Kindle on Powells. PDF book What the Birds See. TXT ebook What the Birds See download on PocketBook on Books-a-Million. EPUB book What the Birds See by Sonya Hartnett buy. Online What the Birds See Sonya Hartnett download on Barnes & Noble.