This includes information that is relevant to our Fish Tank students and mentors. This page will be updated regularly.
- Student Project Guide – This document includes the fine details of the Fish Tank Competition. Please take a moment to review to understand how our program works, important dates, information on the competition topic (Plastics), and competition rules.
- NexTech Technical Report Guide – This presentation was delivered by Bruce Meyers (President, Okahara and Associates) and Renee Ishisaka (Project Engineer, SSFM, International. It covers the expectations of the Engineering Technical Report, a key competition deliverable.
- Fish Tank Frequently Asked Questions
- NexTech Hawaii Fish Tank Facebook Group – Join our group to collaborate with other Fish Tank participants and the Fish Tank team.
- Fish Tank Launch Presentation – This presentation was shared at the January 11, 2020, Fish Tank Competition Kick-Off.
- Dr. Bill Bellows’ talk – Dr. Bellows, a guest, provided an impromptu talk on problem-solving at our January 11, 2020 Kick-Off. He offered a peek into systems thinking and an approach for how to view problems and their causes.
- Materials from our “Creating the Technical Report and Notebook Workshop”, held at UH Hilo on February 1, 2020. This covers the training offered by engineers Renee Ishisaka and Bruce Meyers.
- Technical Report Workshop Zoom Session Video – This is the video of the 1.5-hour workshop.
- The following are the documents that were shared by Renee Ishisaka and Bruce Meyers at the workshop.
Plastics and Recycling
- William (Bill) Kucharski’s Plastics Presentation – Bill is Director for Hawaii County’s Department of Environmental Management (DEM).This presentation was also shared at the Fish Tank Competition Kick-Off.
- Sanne Berrig’s Fish Tank Lite Presentation – Sanne is the Recycling Specialist for Hawaii County’s DEM. This presentation was also shared at the Kick-Off meeting.
- Video of Bill and Sanne’s presentations at the Fish Tank Competition Kick-Off.
Presentation Skills Resources
- Before your next presentation or speech, here’s the first thing you must think about
- 6 dos and don’ts for next-level slides…
Video Conferencing Resources
- Accelerating plastic recovery in the United States
- Plastic & Climate – The Hidden Costs of a Plastic Planet – This is the executive summary of a comprehensive May 2019 Center for Environmental Law report on the impact of plastic on our planet.